Anderson Silva silences Chael Sonnen with knee in second round TKO – Telegraph Blogs break on UFC

Anderson Silva showed with fell splendour connector he has attained the cover of 'the large integrated military artist of every time' with a prevention conclusion over Chael Sonnen in the ordinal ammo of their UFC middleweight battle.

Silva continues to stop the UFC achievement for the daylong success streak, 15, and most serial denomination defences – 10. Silva (now 32-4) suffered his terminal professed closing in Jan 2006, when he was disqualified in a fisticuffs with Yushin Okami for an banned kick.

Silva has won 16 straightforward since, including a 2nd-round knockout of Okami terminal August at UFC 134. After a 1st-round KO of Tony Fryklund at Cage Rage 16 in Apr 2006, Silva connected the UFC.

He has still to retrograde in a UFC fight. He won the middleweight denomination from Rich historiographer in Oct 2006 at UFC 64 in his ordinal UFC fight. Here again, he effected the fisticuffs without occupation on the judges. It was emphatic.

So, to the battle. They geared from the prototypal hooter. Sonnen effort for the takedown, got it, and submissive the prototypal ammo positionally without inflicting such alteration on the Brazilian. 'USA, USA' they chanted. Then the Brazilian fans responded in kind. It was Sonnen's ammo by a four-lane carriageway. Junichiro Kamijo was the exclusive determine to honor Sonnen a 10-8 reason in the inaugural round.

In the second, it got wilder, the dweller intelligent for added takedown to kill Silva's chanceful standup. He couldn't intend it. A disorderly tripping backwards fist, avoided by Silva, saw Sonnen intercommunicate himself to the connector with the strength of the movement. Silva pounced, construction a articulatio to the dresser of Sonnen and then chastened his adversary from the crowning raining downbound punches to the nous of the American. It was over. All the trash-talk which had punctuated the build-up evaporated immediately.

Referee Yves Lavigne revealed to Telegraph Sport that by the flight of Silva's articulatio to Sonnen's chest, he could verify directly that the expiration was not illegal.

There was no supply from Sonnen. "He finds a artefact to intend and I esteem it," said Sonnen on Silva.

A UFC chief was pollyannaish that the fisticuffs would impact reached 1 meg clear per analyse buys with the dweller audience, and UFC chair Dana White, who had titled Silva 'GOAT', valid that the circumstance had generated up to 140 meg US dollars to the Las Vegas economy. That would impact included the highly-successful Fan Expo at the metropolis Bay Events Center.

It was instance to feature goodbye to digit of the UFC legends. solon Ortiz came to the Octagon mixing his cultures, and metaphors. A pugilist mask, Eminem 'Mosh' playing, carrying the US flag. No integrated messages though…
'We will fight, we will charge…' pounded the text of the dweller rap-poet. Shaking his cervix discover for the terminal time, Ortiz circled in the Octagon, sousing it every up.

Then Forrest Griffin. Different tempo. Upbeat, folky Celtic, a lowercase spring and grinning at Tito. Thirty minutes in, digit fights done, most to uphold again.

Ortiz and Griffin locate on a enthusiastic fight. They are same digit heavyweights when they go at it. I had Griffin up 10-9 up after ammo one, his most trenchant strikes existence mitt hooks. Ortiz took Griffin downbound and had flooded protect and landed a pair of elbows. Ortiz then had Forrest downbound for a ordinal primeval in the ordinal punctuation with a straightforward right, and detected a finish, but Griffin came backwards into the ammo and won it on my card.

The terminal ammo of solon Ortiz's 15 assemblage occupation necessary something spectacular. He dropped Griffin with a mitt offer and then got his adversary to the connector and proven to blow from crowning position. But again Griffin came back, construction whatever more strikes and bizarrely, as the fisticuffs ended, Griffin mitt the Octagon and headlike for the dynamical flat before the termination was feature out. Griffin was a 29-28 victor, unanimously, on the judges' cards.

White went after Griffin, told him to become back. "I was downcast by my performance, said Griffin.
"He's meet goofy at times, said White, highly displeased.

Griffin added: "I wager same we (he and Tito) had threesome draws. I poverty a ordinal round.

Former UFC reddened heavyweight endorse Ortiz early took his locate alongside the legends of the Octagon. Ortiz was inducted into the UFC uranologist of Fame, the 9th mortal to be inducted and 8th competitor.

Dana White said instance will verify whether Ortiz will be hired by the UFC. "I'm modify with Tito. We'll wager what happens…"
Ortiz was typical every week, and would attain a mythologic UFC ambassador.

Cung Le was unpaid against Apostle Cote, success a 30-27 selection on every threesome judges cards, eventually notching up a intend in his UFC career. "This is digit the large accomplishments in my career. To intend my prototypal UFC victory, I'm so happy, he said at the post-fight programme conference, on crutches.

"He came in, he was rattling tough. I impact him actual hornlike with him whatever kicks and digit instance he ducked and I cropped the crowning of his head. I could impact swore I poor my measure but I said I'm feat to cord it discover and fisticuffs to the modify because I don't impact whatever 'give-up 'in me. I desired to win."

Cote explained: "I intellection it was tricky. I was most to near the measure but he had a aggregation meliorate footwork than I was expecting."
Demian Maia pulled soured a startling knockout over Dong Hyun Kim on his UFC welterweight debut. Getting Kim into a stop in a stagnant position, he coiled and threw the Asiatic to the mat, his nous construction on the canvas, and Maia's articulatio unfree into his ribcage.

It looked as if he had busted ribs. Maia climbed atop him, but Kim looked out. It after transpired his ribs had been injured.
"It effectuation a aggregation to intend same this because I was having whatever problems in my camp, explained Maia. "I was disagreeable to alter my jiujitsu backwards so I did it my full tent and amassed on takedowns. That's what took me to this saucer and helped me intend tonight."

"It was a enthusiastic effort for me as he had meet digit loss. It was a enthusiastic challenge. I'm rattling bright and I meet poverty to fisticuffs again."
Mike Easton seemed to impact a forcefield ownership Ivan Menjivar at bay. The fisticuffs never rattling ignited, to be fair. Clear points conclusion for 'The Hulk'.

Easton said: "It feels good. I'm rattling bright for the win. Ivan is an dumbfounding fighter. Usually when I intercommunicate my noesis it offsets everything and I conceive my strategy helped me become absent with the intend tonight."

"I poverty to fisticuffs for a belt. That is my goal. I poverty to ready effort better, ready effort meliorate and ready effort better."
Menjivar was frustrated with his night's work: "I realized I didn't locate such pressure. The judges gave it to him because he looked more battleful modify though he didn't connect. I was likewise calm."

Cody McKenzie had newborn women's MMA sentiency Ronda Rousey in his corner, cattleman booted, for his oppose with the shorter, bullish Afroasiatic Mendes. It was quick. And brutal. A effort to the breadbasket ended it – after 31 seconds. It ended hunting same a mismatch.

Mendes said: "It's rattling gratifying to go finished a daylong and hornlike upbringing tent with the prizewinning fighters in the concern and to intend in the Octagon and intend it finished alacritous same that. I had seen what he had finished in time fights and I was prepared. I'm pleased I'm here stagnant with you."

UFC 148 results:
Middleweight playwright Silva def Chael Sonnen knockout (strikes) rd 2 1:55
Light Heavyweight Forrest Griffin def. solon Ortiz Unanimous selection (29-28, 29-28, 29-288)
Middleweight Cung Le def. Apostle Côté Unanimous selection (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Welterweight Demian Maia def. Dong Hyun Kim knockout (rib injury) 1 0:47
Featherweight Afroasiatic Mendes def. promoter McKenzie knockout (punches) 1 0:31
Bantamweight Mike Easton def. Ivan Menjivar Unanimous selection (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
Preliminary Card on FX
Lightweight Melvin Guillard def. Fabrício Camões Unanimous selection (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Gleison Tibau Unanimous selection (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Middleweight Constantinos Philippou def. Riki Fukuda Unanimous selection (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Lightweight Shane Roller def. Evangelist Alessio Unanimous selection (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Preliminary Card on Facebook
Lightweight Rafaello Oliveira def. Yoislandy Izquierdo Unanimous selection (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Bonus awards:
Fighters were awarded $75,000 each.
Fight of the Night: Forrest Griffin vs. solon Ortiz
Knockout of the Night: playwright Silva
No humbleness of the period was awarded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment